Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Welcome to MU Voices

Dorothy Parker once said, "I hate writing. I love having written." For many writers, this is a familiar feeling. Writing is hard. Writing requires time and dedication, and sometimes finding the right words feels like pulling teeth. Writing is hard, but the results that yield from the effort can be pretty spectacular. I only have to look to the winter 2019 issue of MU Voices for proof of this.

In this issue, you will find poems and short stories from our writers on a wide range of topics. Some, including those submitted during our Write Your Heart Out workshop, deal with love. Others grapple with breakups (Angela Maggioncalda) or depression (Rachel Fry). No matter the topic, all the writers who have contributed work to this issue are extremely talented and insightful. I hope you enjoy their work as much as I do.

Thank you for checking out this issue of MU Voices! Special thanks to Marwah Ayache, vice president of Madonna Pen and graduating senior, and Gabrielle Wobrock, a long-time Madonna Pen member and graduating senior. We will miss you both.

-Jillian Law, President of Madonna Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to MU Voices

Dorothy Parker once said, "I hate writing. I love having written." For many writers, this is a familiar feeling. Writing is hard. ...